Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Van Goghing to the Museum

Once upon a Dutch morning, I accompanied my mentor to the Van Gogh Museum. Quite the collection, literally hundreds of the artist's pieces in a single place. 


Though I do not know in detail my personal origins, perhaps there is some likeness between I and this self portrait that did catch my eye?


His Sunflowers, of which many crowded around, brought to me brightness to my briney heart.


And this, dear reader, is a work of which was forgotten and alone for many years in an attic, thought for most of its life to be the work of another. It has found its way home and is displayed now with its brethren to be admired in its rightful place.


A painters soul is expressed in his palette, simply a work of art itself with the oils left behind by the artist's brushstroke.


And now this, one of my favorites by the master, Irises in a vase, a blue which reminds me of the sea from where I come.

My adventure shall continue on the morrow, more of the finest art, and some of wicked weather. Rest assured, if you have seen news of storms, all is well with this pinniped and his traveling companions. All will be described anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment