Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Nice to See You Again, Mondrian

As promised, dear reader, our recollection of our London adventure begins. As it has been so long and you have waited so patiently, I will not extend that pause, and shall start my narration promptly.


From my previous entries you must be aware of my passion for fine art. We begin this trip much as our last, at the Tate Modern museum, that transformed power plant on the far end of the Millenium Bridge.


Look up, a Calder mobile, so often overlooked.


Minimalists many, a lovely late Mondrian caught my eye.

Next, a museum close to my heart, of course, the Natural History Museum.


The extinct Dodo,


The complete fossilized skeleton of a Diplodocus.


And imagine my joy of finding some lovely representatives of some very large cousins.


As well as some somewhat smaller cousins.


Being a civilized seal, the most appropriate dinner at the end of such a lovely day is fish and chips at a traditional British pub, the Hereford Arms.

My words may be brief today, dear reader, but it is not lack of passion, simply some of that cruel mistress jet lag. And now, dear reader, I must sign off. Tomorrow is a day certainly of more art, and perhaps performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment