Thursday, October 24, 2013

Once Upon a Seal

It was a lovely day in London, dear reader. Autumn sun and cool breezes as I accompanied my mentor to Leicester square. After the purchase of tickets for the show at the Phoenix theatre later, we continued on to the National Portrait Gallery.


Though I much enjoyed the classic Victorian era portraiture, I was enthralled by the contemporary portrait artist Yeo.  Then, it was on to the National Gallery itself.


Always I am drawn to the Van Goghs.


This is another of the great artists works, near the end of his life. It was after this that the security did inform me seals are not allowed personal photography in the National Gallery.


In the early afternoon, after some luncheon and a break, we then caught the matinee performance of Once. 


A tale of unrequited love and music, it is a tale that touched my sea mammal heart. I am, dear reader, an undeniable romantic. My mentor does not discourage this. There will always be a place for romantics in the world, says she. Such ended our last full day in London, and Britain itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment